> SQLAlchemy doesn't do type coercion out of the box.  Some
> DBAPIs do, which is why you may have not noticed this issue
> on other platforms.   You can build that functionality
> yourself using TypeDecorator:
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/reference/sqlalchemy/types.htm?highlight=typedecorator#sqlalchemy.types.TypeDecorator

I've fixed my problem with the TypeDecorator you suggested. Thanks.

Just to fix that, sqlalchemy doesn't do type coercion by default, and it will
never do it. Is it correct?

In my test application I was able to replace the Integer type to the decorated
one, which is fine, but requires the same 4-line code for my projects. It would
be better if sqlalchemy would do it for me by default but if it doesn't fit to
the design I can accept that.

Thanks,
Zsolt