It's not different at all. I've just noticed that on the one hand it
*is* possible to use query.order_by(None) to remove any previously set
ordering, but on the other hand that _no_select_modifiers() in
sqlalchemy/orm/query.py checks for False (and not None). It would be
clearer to me if either order_by(False) would work too or - even
better - if _no_select_modifiers() would allow None for _order_by.

Andi