On Jun 20, 9:41 pm, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> its for a
> scalar:http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/reference/orm/query.html?highlight=que...

I had read that, but it was unclear.

Initially I thought that "scalar" meant a single column.  ie:
values(foo.bar) = ((17,),(18,)) ; while value(foo.bar) = (17,18)

Then I thought "scalar" might mean the sqlalchemy.orm definition on
that page... """Return the first element of the first result or None
if no rows present.""" however , that definition further states """If
multiple rows are returned, raises MultipleResultsFound""" -- and no
error was raised.

looking at the actual module, the code is :

    def value(self, column):
        try:
            return self.values(column).next()[0]

which is to "Return the first item from the values"

could i suggest that the docstrings be changed to better describe this
behavior ?