I'm using SQLA in a CherryPy / WSGI--based application running behind
Apache2. The database is hosted on Amazon RDS (MySQL). Recently I've
noticed several errors like this in my logs:

[error] Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'NoneType' object
has no attribute 'pop'",) in <bound method InstanceState._cleanup of
<sqlalchemy.orm.state.InstanceState object at 0xb9a6718c>> ignored

I'm using a CherryPy tool from here:

http://code.google.com/p/webpyte/source/browse/trunk/webpyte/sqlalchemy_tool.py?r=198

to automatically roll back transactions if there's an exception during
a CherryPy request.

Checking RDS monitoring, it seems that the number of open database
transactions is going up slowly over time, perhaps in conjunction with
the errors noted above.  Restarting Apache releases all of the
connections.

It seems likely that the errors are related to the "leak" of database
connections.  Can anyone verify that, and/or suggest why I might be
getting the errors shown?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer!