I was trying to add an AttributeExtension to a property from my
MapperExtension but I get this error when trying to access the
property:

AttributeError: 'Mapper' object has no attribute '_props'

Here's a test case:

from sqlalchemy import create_engine, Column
from sqlalchemy.types import Integer, String
from sqlalchemy.orm import scoped_session, sessionmaker, deferred
from sqlalchemy.orm.interfaces import MapperExtension

engine = create_engine('sqlite:///:memory:', echo=True)
Base = declarative_base(bind=engine)

class MyExtension(MapperExtension):
    def __init__(self, property):
        self.property = property

    def instrument_class(self, mapper, class_):
        property = mapper.get_property(self.property)
        print property

class Item(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'items'
    __mapper_args__ = {'extension': MyExtension('name')}

    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    name =  deferred(Column(String))