Hello --

I'm working with a database populated with data originally from a file
structure of files that are ~150MB each. We are dealing with a lot of data that
is being stored in the database using the 'ARRAY' datatype, specifically
numeric[]. After loading some of the data into the database I tried performing
a query to get back some data, and comparing it with code that reads directly
from the file system - but the database query took ~50 times longer to
complete. For instance, to retrieve 100 records that contain a few 4000 element
arrays each using the code that reads the filesystem it took less than a
second, but the query on the database took around 25 seconds to complete. Has
anyone else had issues with array types slowing down queries or does this sound
more like another issue?

Thanks!
Adrian