On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:35 AM, Michael Mileusnich wrote:

> It's just a basic select statement I do not see any other parms.

SQL Server doesn't support "FOR UPDATE" unless in conjunction with "DECLARE
CURSOR" which is not typical DBAPI usage so this feature is not supported by
SQLAlchemy with MS-SQL server.

Stackoverflow confirms people can't really use FOR UPDATE with SQL server in
any practical way:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1483725/select-for-update-with-sql-server