Hello all,

I'm using SqlSoup with PyODBC to access MSSQL under Tornado (without
using process forks).

Since tornado is an event based server, I create the SqlSoup object at
the application init and use it when I get various requests.
I keep on seeing an increase of memory related to SqlSoup and
SqlAlchemy.

At first, I thought it was due to the fact that SqlSoup always uses a
Session and since I never create or delete session it may cause this
problem. I therefore added calls after each request such as:

db.commit()
db.expunge_all()
db.session.close()

However it doesn't seem to be helping much.

The dictionaries that seems to be increasing in size are:
dict of sqlalchemy.orm.attributes.ScalarAttributeImpl
dict of sqlalchemy.orm.properties.ColumnProperty
dict of sqlalchemy.orm.strategies.ColumnLoader

Is there something I should be cleaning/killing/updating?

I tried binding SqlSoup to an existing engine and re-create it
everytime, however the schema is not being saved and needs to be
regenerated, which consume quite a bit of time.

I figure i have the following options:
1) Figure out what is the cause of this leak
2) Stop using SqlSoup and define the schema (I really don't want to
define the schema at all)
3) Stop using SqlSoup and don't use a schema, just write plain SQL
statement (in which case SqlAlchemy doesn't give me much benefits).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eran