Hi there,

I'm using sqlalchemy 0.5 with python 2.5 for a desktop application. I
know that if the database is empty sqlalchemy can create automatically
all the tables needed. But what if i have to add some new tables or
columns or delete columns ?
I would like to update the schema in the startup of the application;
is there a way
that sqlalchemy can handle this issue ?

I know there is sqlalchemy-migrate but i've some problems on
integrating it into an exe (http://url-zip.com/ao7) and i'm searching
some alternatives using only sqlalchemy (or other libraries, hints ?).

Are there any way on doing that ?
I have to support sqlite and postgresql so it would be great to
maintain the dbs using the sqlalchemy dialect avoiding sql statement;
but in the last chance i can use sql directly if there is no other
way.

Do i have to write from scratch a migration tool inside my
application ? Or is there some approach that i can take as example ?

Thanks for any help,
Emanuele Gesuato