-   Mac OS X 10.6.4
- freeTDS 0.82
- unixODBC 2.3.0
- pyodbc 2.1.7
- z3c.saconfig 0.11
- SQLAlchemy 0.6.3
- Zope 2.10.11
- Plone 3.3.5

I have a control panel in my application that allows to change the
connection parameters, i.e. generate a new connection string.  I'm
trying to "dirty" the Session or Engine or both, so that when the
connection string changes, the session does not use the old Engine,
but will create a new one.

This is what I do now when the connection parameters change:

from z3c.saconfig import Session
from z3c.saconfig.interfaces import IEngineFactory
from zope.component import getUtility

getUtility(IEngineFactory, name='').reset()
Session().expire_all()
Session().remove()

Clearly, this is not enough, because the Session keeps using the old
Engine.  Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!