Hello,

sqlalchemy seems to be the proper tool for my needs but I can't figure
out how to design my project or set the ORM properly.

Let's say, I build a music database, storing tracks and their
associated metadata in an sql-like database defined as such :

TRACK_TABLE ( ident *, url , duration )
METADATA_TABLE ( track_ident *, field_name *, field_content )

(track_ident, field_name) being the primary key for METADATA_TABLE...

intuitively, a meaningful object for a metadata set would be a
dictionary-like object. The name and number of fields being unknown in
advance but stored in the METADATA_TABLE as one row per field.

Here is the question : how may I use the ORM to map
a table :
123 / title / waka waka
123 / artist / shakira
123 / featuring / my sister

to an object like :
metadata.title = "waka waka"
metadata.artist = "shakira"
metadata.featuring = "my sister"

or a dictionary like :
metadata = { "title" : "waka waka", "artist" : "shakira",
"featuring" : "my sister" }

or whatsoever ...

the solution might also be in rewrite of the sql schema :)

thanks for your advices