Hello,

I'm struggling to use the Beaker caching example in my project.
Accessing any attribute on an instance from cache triggers a load from
database of the instance - even trying to read the primary key!

The beaker_caching example runs just fine on my system and doesn't
exhibit the same problems, although that's on SQLite and without
Pylons. I traced through the calls to session._merge and prop.merge
without luck, it seems to run through the column properties and merge
as expected.

How do I diagnose this, short of tearing my entire codebase apart? Are
there any instance state attributes I could inspect to see where the
merge is going wrong?