I'm making a simple database query tool:
http://code.google.com/p/simple-database-explorer/
using PyQt4
Till now i have been using PyQts QSqlDatabase module. Worked pretty
good, but has problems with schemas on Oracle and MySql and some other
minor issues.

So i am thinking about using SqlAlchemy as the interface to run querys
on all the listed databases. The problem is that my primary target is
Netezza, which is not supported by SqlAlchemy.
I can connect to Netezza via pyodbc.

What i need
1. I want to run querys
2. want to get catalog (schema, tables, columns)

Is it possible to use the "pyodbc_netezza" connection with sqlalchemy
engine?

    def connect():
        return pyodbc.connect('DSN=netezzaDns;PWD=password')

    db = create_engine('pyodbc://', creator=connect)