Hi All,

I'm trying to solve a hierarchical access control problem, both on the storage and querying side.

So, say I have a tree of content:

/
/a/
/a/1
/a/2
/b/
/b/1
/b/2

I want to be able to express and search on the following types of requirements:

"User X should be able to access all content in /a and content in /b/1"

The storage side just needs to be usable, speed wise, but obviously the query side needs to be lighting fast as it'll be hit *hard* and often.

What schema/indexes would people recommend for this?
How would I query that schema fast in SQLAlchemy to be able to answer the above type of questions. I guess the API that needs to be fast would be along the lines of:

def can_access(user_id,path):
  return True or False

The grant python API would look like:

def grant_access(user_id,*paths):