Hi,

The following session is never saved to the db, not even a schema is created, but a query returns correctly. I assume that there is local caching going on. but session.dirty etc doesn't show anything. So, two questions:

First, how (if possible) can I force sqla to hit the db? In this case, how can I force it to return an error for the line

print session.execute(q1).fetchall()

?

Second, how can I get sqla to show there is data unsaved to the db? I tried dirty and new. Thanks in advance.

                                                      Regards, Faheem

dbuser =
password =
dbname =
dbstring = "postgres://%s:%...@localhost:5432/%s"%(dbuser,password, dbname)
from sqlalchemy import create_engine
from sqlalchemy.orm sessionmaker
db = create_engine(dbstring)
from sqlalchemy import MetaData
from sqlalchemy.sql import text
meta = MetaData()
meta.bind = db
meta.create_all()
Session = sessionmaker()
session = Session(bind=db)
session.execute("DROP SCHEMA IF EXISTS foo CASCADE; CREATE SCHEMA foo;")
q = text("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS foo.activity; CREATE TABLE foo.activity AS
SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;")
session.execute(q)
q1 = text("select * from foo.activity;")
print session.execute(q1).fetchall()
print session.dirty
print session.new