On 16/09/2010 20:26, Michael Bayer wrote:

As such, I'd expect an exception to be raised rather than the other table
object being returned. What do people feel about this?

Im fine with tometadata raising for 0.7.   a warning for 0.6 perhaps.

Cool, done for 0.6. Where should I make the changes for 0.7?

note that tometadata has never been a real mainstreamy kind of function.

It isn't for me either, but I do need to use it for gathering a bunch of tables from several packages into one place in order to do a .create_all and some schemadiff checks on them. The package I'm doing this is going to be open sourced at some point, so you can tell me how evil I am then ;-)

> I thought it does copy constraints though.

Constraints yes, indexes no, also fixed now ;-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk