On 9/22/2010 5:24 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:
Here's the problem.  The term "a blank record" is meaningless.

Well, no, it's not. It's exactly what I get when I do new=Item() and commit(). It's very well defined, precise, and repeatable.

Trying to make other tools guess this for you seems to be taking up days of
your time - whereas a simple def set_myself_blank(self) method OTOH would take
30 seconds.

I've been writing that 30 second method for 2 days now. So evidently it takes longer than that :-)

Problem is that model has about 75 columns in it. Each Column() has a default='foo' parameter. And they are all unique to some extent.

So I can *replicate* that information that is already there in a dict somewhere that will have 75 lines in it and then maintain it in sync with the "official" version. That is a severe violation of DRY and it will inevitably lead to bugs and possibly data corruption.

Avoiding such seems a worthy goal.

I apologize, truly, that I have greatly overused your assistance on this. Thank you.

I have formulated a couple of hackish approaches that will probably work. Guess I'm stuck with them. :-)

Michael