I'm trying to make an Enum-like type which is Integer-indexed rather
than String-indexed (for storage optimization purposes, code here:
http://gist.github.com/594861)

I'm using copy_value directly to convert named values into their
corresponding integer id. That is (in my declarative model)...

 MyTable.__table__.c.my_enum_column.type.copy_value(my_value)

Is this the intended use scenario for copy_value, or is copy_value
also called in other situations? Is there a more rational call path
for declarative models?

Thanks!

- Andrey