On Oct 6, 2010, at 2:02 AM, jgs9000 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've seen a post or two about this warning, and was wondering if there
> is any update to the recommended ways to deal with it.
>
> Specifically - I'm using Python 2.7, SQLAlchemy 0.6.3, Postgres 8.1.18
> and using 'autoload' to reflect the underlying table.
>
> I'm hitting this warning for the geometric types 'point' and 'box',
> and according to the online
> Postgres documentation (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/
> datatype-geometric.html) these types are standard/builtin types.
>
> Thanks for any help

The warning is harmless and indicates we don't yet have a POINT or BOX type in
the PG dialect that is recognized by reflection.   The type "NULLTYPE" gets
assigned instead which is a no-op.  Psycopg2 generally handles POINT, BOX, and
the other geometric types transparently.   We'll eventually add all these types
and I think there might be a ticket in trac for this.