On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:

> Well such a type wouldn't be backend agnostic.  The String/Integer wrapped
> one would act very differently than a Numeric.   So not much point in a
> transparent switch like that.   We try to keep "switches" like that to a
> minimum (there are some, like Enum).

Makes sense.

A somewhat related follow-up question: is it possible to use
SQLAlchemy with "embedded" MySQL (libmysqld)?  If so, how?

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Conor <conor.edward.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "value / 10**4" will either truncate to an integer (Python 2) or return a
> float (Python 3 or with "from __future__ import division") if value is not
> divisible by 10**4. I think you want "decimal.Decimal(value) / 10**4"
> instead.

Good catch.  Obviously the pseudocode still had skid marks on it from
being pulled straight out of my butt; just trying to catch the sense
of sqlalchemy data model.

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.