We are writing an application that can run on PostgreSQL or Oracle.
Since postgres treats NULL and '' (empty string) differently, while
Oracle treats '' as NULL, this can cause subtle behavior differences
based on the underlying database.

Can you think of a way I could easily intercept all UPDATE and INSERT
column values, and, if the value is the empty string, replace with
None/null?

Thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction.

Kent