Postgres deprecated the Money data type around 8.2 but then brought it
back with better support soon after (I think 8.3 or 8.4 and after).

I found the following message on this group, where Mike welcomes
anyone to just roll their own type stuff for it or possibly submit a
patch.

http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/msg/77efa08097492b1a

This should be easy enough to do; I'm just wondering if anyone has
already done so and is willing to share, just to avoid reinventing a
wheel.

Thanks!