On Dec 23, 11:42 am, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:

> If you want to see exactly what gets passed:
>
> python>>> from sqlalchemy.engine.url import make_url
>
> [['dsn=Default;Trusted_Connection=Yes'], {}]
>
> There's a difference between your two tests in that one has
> username/password, the other not.

thanks a bunch..

>>> pyodbc.PyODBCConnector().create_connect_args(make_url("mssql+pyodbc://myid:m...@default"))
[['dsn=Default;UID=myid;PWD=mypw'], {}]

this is what we expect, add the database to it..

>>>pyodbc.PyODBCConnector().create_connect_args(make_url("mssql+pyodbc://myid:m...@default/databasename"))
[['DRIVER={None};Server=Default;Database=databasename;UID=myid;PWD=mypw'],
{}]

driver is now gone!!

passing the database in via URL options/parameter syntax, we get what
we expect..

>>> pyodbc.PyODBCConnector().create_connect_args(make_url("mssql+pyodbc://myid:m...@default?database=databasename"))
[['dsn=Default?Database=databasename;UID=myid;PWD=mypw'], {}]

wish I posted this last week!

fyi,

>>> import sqlalchemy
>>> sqlalchemy.__version__