On Jan 7, 5:56 am, kc <kochi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there reconnect detection for Microsoft SQL server?  When I get
> disconnected using pymssql, I get:
> OperationalError: No data available.
>
> for each query until I invalidate sqlalchemy's connection pool

the disconnect detection has to be implemented individually for each
DBAPI for each backend.  pymssql is not very frequently used so this
would appear to be a missing message.  We currently intercept:

             "Error 10054",
            "Not connected to any MS SQL server",
            "Connection is closed"

not sure why you're getting something different - those values were
added in March 2010, ultimately from an end-user, to support the new
rewrite of pymssql.