Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I understand.

I am using SQLite as the engine.

I have not found the functions needed in the doc.

I will leave this sort option open and stick with SQlite for a while.

Frans

Op 1/10/2011 4:03 PM, Michael Bayer schreef:
you'd need to use SQL functions that break the datetime into its component
parts, and order by them.

such as:

order_by(func.datepart("MONTH", my_date_col), func.datepart("DAY", my_date_col),
func.datepart("YEAR", my_date_col))

"datepart" routines vary by database backend with very little cross
compatibility - you'd have to consult the documentation for your database on the
recommended way to break dates up into components.