Check this code out:
http://python.pastebin.com/kMV611z7

In there I generate an object instance, add it to a session, then commit it.
 I then try and access the id attribute (autoincrementing PK), which results
in SQL being emitted... but the emitted SQL has the id value in it already!
 Is there a reason for this?  Is it just that it commit() expires all
attributes, so *any* attribute access results in a refresh?  I think I'm
missing something in my understanding of this.  The PK is clearly kept for
the resulting query.

And one more thing... In the same code you can see I'm trying to access an
instance property after the instance has been added to a session, and the
session has been closed.  Is there any way to make the last-known attributes
of an instance available after the previously associated ORM session is
gone?  I thought that expunging did this, but it seems not.

Thanks,
Russ