Hi everybody,

(fast start :) )
I have a class hierarchy and I'm using joined table inheritance, but my
classes are not always going to be used with SQLAlchemy (or I plan to give
the freedom to people to use these classes anywhere they want).

Anyway I was using the "entity_type" column in my base table to map the
polymorphic_identity. It was nice to have the "entity_type" variable *after*
mapping with SQLAlchemy. Now, I decided to add this variable to all my
classes as a new class variable. So my problem is when I map with SQLAlchemy
the variable becomes an sqlalchemy.orm.attributes.InstrumentedAttribute and
prints out None before committing the objects, so I created another column
for the discriminator with the name "db_entity_type" now I'm not able to use
the default value for "entity_type" from the class. Is there a solution for
that?

Thanks...

E.Ozgur Yilmaz
Lead Technical Director