I'm trying to build a MySQL->PostgreSQL migration tool that reflects tables
from MySQL, then creates them in pg.

So far so good, except that when SQLAlchemy reflects a MySQL table with a
DATETIME column, it reflects it as a sqlalchemy.types.DATETIME, then tries
to create a DATETIME in PostgreSQL.  I get

LINE 7:  "SFDC_LAST_UPDATED" DATETIME DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' ...

sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) type "datetime" does not
exist

I haven't been able to come up with a way around this... either change the
column's type after reflection to DateTime (how?), or command sqlalchemy to
reflect them as sqlalchemy.DateTime in the first place (how?), or... I don't
know.  I can't hard-code the column definitions b/c I want the tool to adapt
when the original (MySQL) database is changed.

Can anybody help?

Thanks very much!
--
- Catherine