Trying to figure out why my logs are showing a group of SELECT
statements after an update. I'm using Elixir on top of SQLA in the
following fashion:

squares =
Squares.query.filter_by(user=user_record).all()
for sq in squares:
  sq.sxsw_status = <value>

elixir.session.flush()
return

Nothing else uses the Squares table after that code. As soon as the
flush happens, I see the updates issued inside a begin/commit block,
followed by every one of those items re-SELECTed all over again. Why ?
This does not happen if I wrap the above block in an
elixir.session.begin() / commit() block.