Its easier to do in 0.7 where you just say event.listen(MyObject.attribute,
"append", fn), any time you want.    Though we haven't implemented "remove"
yet.   I'd wait for the 0.7 betas if possible.  Otherwise you can append your
AttributeExtension into the listeners collection on the attribute, I'd have to
check the source of attributes.py to recall the exact name of the collection.