SQLite doesn't have a DATE type specifically.  SQLAlchemy's Date() type expects
Python datetime, i.e. "import datetime; date = datetime.date(year, month day)".

In this case if you want to put a date + time that would be Sqlalchemy
DateTime(), you'd use datetime.datetime(), or if you want to deal with strings
yourself, use String() for the column type.     Its all the same to SQLite
(SQLite doesn't actually have fixed column types and is unique in this regard).