On Feb 16, 2011, at 4:18 PM, Jason McKellar wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Landreville wrote:
> > Is there a way to run a command at the beginning of every session,
> > before anything else is run?
>
> SessionExtension has an after_begin() hook for this purpose.
>

> That is perfect -- except maybe it's too soon. Is there a way to run
> something before the first non-select statement in the session?

I think at that point you'd have to get in on events at the engine level, which
in 0.6 is ConnectionProxy.

I'm going to poke around 0.7 a bit on this as ConnectionProxy, and the newer
implementation in sqlalchemy.event, consider execution events to be an
engine-level setting.    Want to see if this can be brought to the Connection
level if needed.

If you're starting a new project I'd recommend 0.7 overall.   Will put out
beta2 today or tomorrow.