Hi all,

This is probably a simple problem, but so far I haven't figured out
how to resolve it. I've got some SqlAlchemy tables and am trying to
change an attribute of a SqlAlchemy object returned from a query.
However, when I change the attribute value, no SQL update statement is
generated by the session.commit() that follows. Here's my table
definitions:

class CoverBatchStackItem(Base):
    __tablename__ = "cover_batch_stack_items"
    cover_batch_id = Col(Int, FK("cover_batch_stacks.cover_batch_id"),
                         primary_key=True)
    stack_number   = Col(Int, FK("cover_batch_stacks.stack_number"),
                       primary_key=True)
    order_id       = Col(Int, FK("order_header.order_id"),
primary_key=True)
    qty            = Col(Int)

And here is a sample of my Python code to update the 'qty' attribute:

# session is passed in by the caller of this code, along with qty
item = session.query(CoverBatchStackItem) \
       .filter((CoverBatchStackItem.cover_batch_id==cover_batch_id)
and
               (CoverBatchStackItem.order_id==order_id)) \
       .first()
item.qty = 10
session.commit()

I don't know why, but the change to the 'qty' attribute is not being
detected, and therefore not generating an SQL update statement to
persist the change to the database.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Doug