On Mar 26, 2011, at 6:54 PM, tanc wrote:

> Hi there,
> Im new to sqlalchemy, be kind and gentle :)
> Using sqlalchemy 0.6.6 and the last stable cx_Oracle.pyd on my windows
> pc.
> OracleXE 10g is installed locally.
>
> Processing the following code, gives me the error
> ImportError: cannot import name cx_Oracle
>
> import sqlalchemy
>
> sqlalchemy.create_engine('oracle://hr:hr@XE')
> connection = oracle_db.connect()
> result = connection.execute("select employee_id,first_name,last_name
> from Employees")
> for row in result:
>    print (row)
> connection.close()
>
> This sound to be launched by the following code within cx_oracle
>
>    def dbapi(cls):
>        from . import cx_Oracle
>        return cx_Oracle
>
> Tried to fix without success.
> Calling similar code from cx_Oracle is running fine.
> Can someone point me on the right direction ?
> Regards,

One aspect may be that the SQLAlchemy Oracle dialect has never been tested with
Python 3 and likely has a lot of issues.  I  know you're using Python 3 due to
the relative import in the code snippet you're attaching (a very important
detail).

I'd strongly advise you stick with Python 2 until library maintainers have
finished getting their act together.  We're mostly getting much closer, but its
still kind of early for end users.