On Apr 7, 2011, at 12:46 AM, Randy Syring wrote:

> I am running Ubuntu 10.04, python 2.6.5, SA 0.6.6, latest pyodbc
> release.  I have tried FreeTDS that ships with the distro (0.82) as
> well as current CVS.  I can make a connection and issue a basic SQL
> statement.  However, when I try to run my unit tests, I get the
> following error:
>
> *** glibc detected *** /path/to/venv/bin/python: free(): invalid next
> size (fast): 0x0000000002527bf0 ***

nothing ive seen before with freetds (and I use freetds a lot) - so your steps
would be to isolate the problem into something reproducible, then ask on the
FreeTDS or possibly pyodbc lists, possibly first converting it into a straight
pyodbc script so there are at least fewer layers of abstraction at play.