> SQLAlchemnt 0.6.5 - in stderr log we continuously see the following
> warning logged. My understanding is this is due to IN () generated
> with EMPTY sequence.
>
> However on turning on SQL Alchemny Log, I do not find ant statement
> that has where clause with EMPTY IN sequence for predicate
> suspiciousevents.rule_id. Any suggestions how to find due to which
> session query this warning is coming?

You won't find that because under the hood SQLAlchemy is converting that
into x <> x. So that's what you would look for in the logs. For some
background on the issue see this post:

http://romain.dorgueil.net/en/database/2011/01/10/handling-empty-where-in-clauses-in-dbals.html

> 2011-04-12 15:23:01,835 INFO sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine.0x...b6d0
> ('multicore', 2120)
> /opt/python26/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.6.5-py2.6.egg/
> sqlalchemy/sql/expression.py:1660: SAWarning: The IN-predicate on
> "suspiciousevents.rule_id" was invoked with an empty sequence. This
> results in a contradiction, which nonetheless can be expensive to
> evaluate.  Consider alternative strategies for improved performance.
>  return self._in_impl(operators.in_op, operators.notin_op, other)
> --

Michael Trier
http://michaeltrier.com/