On Apr 15, 2011, at 3:17 AM, Yang Zhang wrote:

> Is it possible to execute a Postegresql COPY ... FROM STDIN statement
> via sqlalchemy, or do we have to drop down to psycopg2 for that
> (http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html#using-copy-to-and-copy-from)?
> Tried executing a COPY statement followed directly by the input
> values, as in psql, but that didn't work.  Thanks in advance.

SQLAlchemy doesn't have functions that connect to psycopg2's "copy_from()" etc.
methods and from psycopg2s docs it seems this is how those functions are
usable, as opposed to emitting the word "COPY".   So you know as much as I do
here, and you likely have to use the psycopg2 connection.    you can get one
from the pool via engine.raw_connection() if you wanted.