Hey guys,

I have a SQLAlchemy model with a Unicode column. I sometimes insert
unicode values to it (u'Value'), but also sometimes insert ASCII
strings. What is the best way to go about this? When I insert ASCII
strings with special characters I get this warning:

    SAWarning: Unicode type received non-unicode bind param value ...

How do I avoid this? What is the proper way to insert my different
types of strings?