On Apr 27, 9:37 am, Daniel Holth <dho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this pysqlite issue about SELECT not starting a transaction
> related?http://code.google.com/p/pysqlite/issues/detail?id=21

Hrmmm... well... that's interesting... it might be related, but maybe
not?  I'm not setting the isolation level when I create the engine.  I
don't think the explicit begin would help unless I specifically tell
it to begin immediate transaction.

I tried adding isolation_level='SERIALIZABLE' to the kwargs when I
call create_engine, no change.  I changed my explicit 'BEGIN IMMEIDATE
TRANSACTION' to just a 'BEGIN' - and got a bunch of database is locked
errors.  I removed the explicit BEGIN all together and I was back to
my race condition - which seems to be closer to what that bug is
about...

Still... good info, thanks!