Hi

i'm currently in the process of porting GeoAlchemy to SQLAlchemy 0.7.

The first issue I'm having is related to before_create and
after_create DDL listeners we have in GeoAlchemy.

We use before_create and after_create listeners to prevent SQLA from
adding the geometry column, and do it ourselves.

Basically, the before_create function removes the geometry column from
table._columns, and the after_create function adds the geometry column
by calling the AddGeometryColumn SQL function.

I'm trying to use a similar mechanism with 0.7, relying on
before_create and after_create event listeners. That doesn't work,
because  setting table._colums seems to have no effect, i.e. SQLA
still attempts to add the gemetry column.

I've been thinking about resetting table.c (setting it to None or
something) and using table.append_column to add all columns but the
geometry column in before_create, but I'm wondering if that's the
proper way.

Thanks for any guidance on that,

PS: I was hoping to get inspiration from examples/postgis.py, but this
example looks outdated. Maybe it should be removed from the 0.7 code
base.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS