You're best starting with the declarative usage patterns described in the ORM
tutorial at http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/orm/tutorial.html, starting with
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/orm/tutorial.html#creating-table-class-and-mapper-all-at-once-declaratively.
  I would declare the class + table + mapping at once, to eliminate any
confusion regarding mapping, which is not a per-usage operation; it is a
permanent operation applied to a model class only once.     The mapper() +
Table pattern is not as easy to use and it's being de-emphasized in the
documentation.

The second error implies your class has a method called value() on it which is
conflicting with the mapped attribute of .value.