Hey,

I have been using the approaches described here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com/msg21801.html

Cheers

Sebastian

On 06/21/2011 05:06 PM, Mark Erbaugh wrote:
My program accesses a sqlite database. It only extracts data from the database,
it never writes anything to it.  It can also be assumed that the database is
not updated by other processes. In reality, the database is completely replaced
periodically by a new version, but the program can be shut down and re-started
whenever that happens.

Is there a way to tell SQLAlchemy that the database is read-only, and would
that simplify the work that SA does behind the scenes?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Sebastian Elsner - Pipeline TD - r i s e | fx

t: +49 30 201 803 00 sebast...@risefx.com
c: +49 175 336 5739 7548 www.risefx.com

r i s e | fx GmbH
Schlesische Strasse 28, Aufgang B 10997 Berlin
Richard-Byrd-Strasse 12, 50829 Cologne
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Sven Pannicke, Robert Pinnow
Handelsregister Berlin HRB 106667 B