Hi,

I'm porting sqlamp [1] to SQLAlchemy 0.7 and have some difficulties
with it. One of them is raising an exception (non-DBAPI) from
process_bind_param() method of classes derived from TypeDecorator. In
0.6 [2] method _handle_dbapi_exception() of engine.base.Connectable
doesn't munch the exception if it is not an instance of
self.dialect.dbapi.Error. 0.7 in turn does [3]. And it reraises the
exception of different type - instead of the original one it uses
DBAPIError.instance(), which in my case returns StatementError. How
can I fix it on my side?

Thanks.

--
Anton