Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 10:28 -0400, Michael Bayer wrote:

> > ClassManager class is not documented. What should I be using instead?
>
> Instrumentation has to establish state on a new object independent of
> __new__() - during pickling, the state is restored naturally as
> __dict__ is restored, during fetch of rows, new_instance() is used,
> during normal construction, __init__() is used.
>
> class_manager() is documented we'd only need to get new_instance() and
> the use case documented, seems to me that would be bug fixed.

Fine with me. Thanks! :-)

Still I wonder why __init__ is still supported when using ORM mapped
classes and __new__ is not. Is there any reason why the latter is harder
to support? Or is it a matter of too little gain (who is using __new__
anyway?) for too much work?

Greetings, Torsten

--
DYNAmore Gesellschaft fuer Ingenieurdienstleistungen mbH
Torsten Landschoff

Office Dresden
Tel: +49-(0)351-4519587
Fax: +49-(0)351-4519561

mailto:torsten.landsch...@dynamore.de
http://www.dynamore.de

Registration court: Mannheim, HRB: 109659, based in Karlsruhe,
Managing director:  Prof. Dr. K. Schweizerhof, Dipl.-Math. U. Franz