Hi Luca,

On Jun 29, 12:43 pm, Luca Lesinigo <l...@lesinigo.it> wrote:
> Hello there. I'd like to use SQLalchemy with an existing db2 database
> (I can already access it with plain SQL using pyODBC from a python-2.6/
> win32 system).
You could also try to use http://pypi.python.org/pypi/JayDeBeApi/
Currently it is quiet slow on cPython though. The advantage is that
you can run the same code on Jython (where it runs already quiet
fast).

> Googling around, I foundhttp://code.google.com/p/ibm-dband it seems
> to have an updated DB-API driver for python-2.6/win32, but the latest
> SA adapter is for sqlalchemy-0.4.
If you google further you should find an (unsupported) patch for
sqlalchemy 0.6 (at least).

I created JayDeBeApi with the aim to be able to use DB2s JDBC drivers,
although you could use any database / JDBC driver. The next step I was
planning was to create a SQLAlchemy JayDeBeApi connector and a DB2
Dialect for that connector. If you're interested, please jump in and
help to improve JayDeBeApi and to create a SQLAlchemy connector/
dialect :)

Regards

Bastian