Platform: Windows XP
Oracle : 10.2.0.4.0
SQLAlchemy: 0.7
Python: 2.7
Driver: cx_Oracle (compiled with unicode support as per the Windows
binary)

My problem is that when I try to do introspection, sqla refuses to
connect with this error:

cursor.execute("SELECT 0.1 FROM DUAL") TypeError: expecting None or a
string

If this string is unicode it works fine (I actually edited the
cx_oracle.py file and changed this to cursor.execute(u"SELECT 0.1 FROM
DUAL")) and it worked.

Next problem is a simple case doesn't work, the exact line is:

foo =
Table('MERCHANT',oracle_meta,autoload=True,autoload_with=oracle_engine)

Error is:

NoSuchTableError: MERCHANT

However, the exact same connect string with raw cx_Oracle works great:

>> cur.execute(u"SELECT MERCHANT_NUMBER FROM MERCHANT")
>> r = cur.fetchall()
>> len(r)
>> 2922

Please point me in the right direction.