> The order is determined by the order in which the actual Column constructor
> is called, and an ordering token is applied.    When a mixin is used, the
> Column is copied from the mixin, but it's likely that the ordering token is
> preserved.   You'd declare them on Foo directly without using a
> @declared_attr function.  Columns that have no ForeignKey can be created in
> this way.

Yip, did that first -- but then these appeared always before any
columns declared via @declared_attr (no surprise, if I my very limited
understanding of SQLAlchemy's internals is correct). Unfortunately,
I'd like to have the columns with foreign keys up front :-(

> There's no other way to approach this as the dictionary created by a new
> class is unordered in Python (unless perhaps we added ordering tokens to the
> usage of @declared_attr also, that could work).

Would be wonderful... Although it's more of a nuisance than a real
problem, it only really affects browsing through the tables after
all.

Thanks,
Hans-Martin