Hi.

I have a problem and am not sure where to begin. I need to construct a hierarchy tree, something like adjacency_list but in reverse. More precisely, I need entire branch but only the branch containing given node ID. In practice, I need this for a product category tree menu which shows items in the currently "selected" branch only (where for example I don't need children of bba, or ba, or A because node ID is not in their branches):

    ba
    bb
        bba
        bbb
        bbc <- this node id is given at first
            bbca
            bbcb
            bbcd
    bc
    bd

Basically, the way I see it, I need to:

1. Find node by ID
2. Find node's children
3. Find node's siblings
4. Node's parent becomes node, repeat from step 3 as long as there's a parent

The table is constructed with parent_id foreign key reference to itself, and I can fetch entire tree at level X using joinedload_all as given in this example:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/browser/examples/adjacency_list/adjacency_list.py

I have an idea how to do it "manually" but I was wondering if there is a feature of SQLAlchemy I could use. I'd google for any similar problems or implementations since I don't think this is an uncommon problem, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Thanks!

--

.oO V Oo.