Hi Stefano,

Thanks! The code is just like this:

subrating_subratingproperty_association =
Table('subrating_subratingproperty_association',

Base.metadata, Column('subrating_id', Integer,
ForeignKey('subratings.id')),

Column('subrating_property_id', Integer,
ForeignKey('subrating_properties.id')))
class SubRatingProperty(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'subrating_properties'
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    name = Column(Unicode(32), unique=True)
    subratings = relationship("SubRating",
secondary=subrating_subratingproperty_association,
backref="subrating_properties")

class SubRating(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'subratings'
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    name = Column(Unicode(32), unique=True)

class Rating(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'ratings'
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    name = Column(Unicode(32), unique=True)
    subrating_id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('subratings.id'))
    subrating = relationship("SubRating", backref=backref("rating",
cascade="all, delete-orphan", uselist=False))

I create and add a Rating and Subrating (both end up in the DB no
problem).
Then, I call session.delete(rating_obj) and commit it. I look at the
DB, and the Rating is gone, but the SubRating is still there.
The DB shows that the Rating has the correct Subrating's ID..