This I want to do:
1) I want to find all names that satisfy this query
column_names = session.query(tab.c.name).filter(tab.c.value==354)

2) Among those rows I want to find those with the highest id ( all
rows with the same name are fist grouped and only the one with the
highest id is retained the rest is discarded). Each of the names
satisfying the query 1 will be represented with one row having the
highest id:

column_names = [column_name for (column_name,) in column_names]

query=sess.query(func.max(tab.c.id),tab.c.name).group_by(*column_names).all()

Is there any better way to do this?
Thanks